Here’s How to Make Crispy Air Fryer Tofu cooked in under 20 minutes! This tofu is delicious, affordable and easy to make – win win for meal prep!Jump to Recipe
As a dietitian, I advise my clients to consume protein at every meal. This supports satiety and reduces unintentional snacking throughout the day. However, protein can be expensive, so it’s important to find affordable sources like tofu. The issue with tofu, however, is if you don’t know what you are doing, it doesn’t taste great! And that is where my Air Fryer Tofu Recipe comes in!
This post contains affiliate links; view the disclosure for more information.
Why You Need An Air Fryer
An air fryer is a compact, high-performance convection oven. Through its cooking process, it essentially cooks whatever you place in it as if it were being fried, except with air. In my house, the air fryer is by far the most frequently used appliance, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a healthier, more convenient way to prepare meals. Personally, I adore my current air fryer, which is the Ninja Foodi. This is more than just an air fryer. It’s also a slow cooker, pressure cooker and more all in one. I love this because instead of having multiple kitchen appliances taking up space in my cupboards, I only have one that does everything!
How To Make Crispy Air Fryer Tofu
- 1 lb block of EXTRA firm tofu, pressed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (this has a high smoke point)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Press the tofu for 30mins. This can be done by wrapping the tofu in a clean tea towel or kitchen paper. Place a weight, like a large can of food or a frying pan, on top. Let sit for 30 minutes. This will squeeze out the extra moisture
- After the tofu is pressed, cut it into small cubes.
- Add the tofu to a bowl with the remaining ingredients and mix well until all the tofu is evenly covered.
- Place in your air fryer as evenly spread out as possible. Se your air fryer to 400F. Cook for 15-20 minutes, shaking halfway.
- Remove after the tofu is cooked. Allow it to cool for a few minutes, then serve. Enjoy!
Hi there! My name is Maria, and I am a Registered Dietitian practicing in Ireland and Bermuda. I have extensive experience in helping clients improve their health through the power of good nutrition. I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, if there are any other topics related to nutrition that you would like me to cover in my upcoming articles, please let me know. I would be more than happy to help.
Stay happy and healthy 💚
Your Registered Dietitian
Check me out on YouTube!
🎥 Visit my YouTube Channel to learn more about my approach to eating.