If you are looking for a quick dessert, then this microwavable mug cake recipe is for you!
Need a quick chocolate fix? Try making this easy microwave mug cake with storecupboard ingredients. It’s even more delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
1-minute Chocolate Mug Cake
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cacoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 3 tbsp milk of your choice
- 1 square dark chocolate
- In a mug mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Add the piece of dark chocolate to the centre.
- Cook in the microwave for 40 – 60 seconds (800W). All microwaves are different, so the cooking time might differ. I recommend checking the cake after 30 seconds and then cooking longer if needed.
- Serve with some berries. Maybe add some greek yogurt for some extra protein.
Hi there! My name is Maria, and I am a Registered Dietitian practising in Ireland and Bermuda. I have extensive experience in helping clients improve their health through the power of good nutrition. I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, if there are nutrition topics or recipes you would like me to make in future posts, please let me know. I would be more than happy to help.
Stay happy and healthy 💚
Your Registered Dietitian
Check me out on YouTube!
🎥 Visit my YouTube Channel to learn more about my approach to eating.